Nursing bras and vests have special clips, snaps, or hooks to allow you to fold down the fabric easily.
Some mothers find they leak from the opposite breast while they are feeding or in between feeds so some breast pads are handy.
A sling or carrier may be useful to keep baby close, especially if you have other children to look after. Find information on local sling libraries on our Useful links page.
Peer supporter Sara has some tips on what you need to breastfeed below.
- How do I prepare to breastfeed?
- What can I do to get breastfeeding off to the best start?
- How to keep baby calm and help grow their brain
- What do I need to breastfeed?
- Why breastfeed?
- Common myths
- Should I harvest colostrum before my baby is born?
- How can I tell breastfeeding is going well?
- For younger parents thinking about breastfeeding