No matter what stage of the breastfeeding journey you are in, Beside You is here to help every step of the way.
Thinking about breastfeeding. Learn about the benefits, and how to get ready to start once baby arrives.
- How do I prepare to breastfeed?
- What can I do to get breastfeeding off to the best start?
- How to keep baby calm and help grow their brain
- What do I need to breastfeed?
- Why breastfeed?
- Common myths
- Should I harvest colostrum before my baby is born?
- How can I tell breastfeeding is going well?
- For younger parents thinking about breastfeeding
Watch our ‘Before baby arrives’ playlist to find out how your body prepares for breastfeeding while you’re pregnant, how your partner can support you, or what to expect that first day or two of your baby’s life. Join our Facebook page for more videos and the chance to ask questions to our local feeding experts.
Your baby is here! Read about what to expect in the first few days and find support when you need it to make breastfeeding work.
- Breastfeeding after a c section
- If your baby arrives early or unwell
- How do I get my baby attached and feeding effectively?
- How can I tell if breastfeeding is going well
- Why am I finding it painful?
- Why is my baby feeding all the time?
- Breastfeeding challenges
- Baby blues
- Will I ever sleep again?
- What can partners or others do to support
- Expressing milk
Watch our ‘Early days’ playlist to help get you through those early days – how to get an effective latch, what to do if things don’t go quite to plan or how to hand express to relieve any engorgement you might be feeling. Join our Facebook page for more videos and the chance to ask questions to our local feeding experts.
Everyone faces breastfeeding challenges. From low milk supply to growth spurts, we have solutions to help get you through.
Common breastfeeding challenges include:
- Sore nipples
- Low milk supply
- Cluster feeding or growth spurts
- Over supply
- Inverted, flat, or very large nipples
- Fungal infection
- Nursing strike
- Tongue tie
We’ve put together a ‘Challenges’ playlist to help get you through some fairly common challenges – maybe baby is being fussy or feeding all the time or you might be worried your baby has a tongue tie. Join our Facebook page for more videos and the chance to ask questions to our local feeding experts.
You’ve got breastfeeding down! Learn what’s next and how you can help other women succeed.
- Returning to work
- Breastfeeding beyond 6 months
- Becoming a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter
- Introducing solids
- Medication - what am I able to take while feeding?
- Tanning beds and fake tan
- Tattoos and breastfeeding
- Smoking and breastfeeding
- Alcohol and breastfeeding
- When you're ready to stop
Watch our ‘What’s next?’ playlist for support further down the line breastfeeding – maybe your baby is starting solid foods, or you are going back to work or feeding a toddler. Join our Facebook page for more videos and the chance to ask questions to our local feeding experts.